Gmina Siechnice

logo_UE_rgb-1.jpg
banerek-fotowoltaika.jpg
Szukaj
Jana Pawła II 12
55-011 Siechnice
71 786 09 01 71 786 09 07
baner-oferty-pracy.jpg
Portal
Powrót
(wstecz)
Drukuj
stronę
Pdf
Wypowiedz
się
grafika
Commune history
23 / 01 / 2014 redaktor1 redaktor1

The history of settlement in the commune dates back to 4200 years BC. In the final period of the early Middle Ages first references to the towns of today's commune appear in the documents.
First remarks of Siechnice (Latin Sechenice) come from 1253, and of Swięta Katarzyna (Latin S. Kateherine) date back to 1257. From the Middle Ages many villages belonged to the monasteries or churches of Wroclaw, later also to the town council and the burghers of Wroclaw. The Order of St. John’s and the Knights with the Cross of the Red Star had their commandry’s farm lands here.

During the administrative division of the Silesian district, territory of the commune belonged to the Duchy of Wroclaw. Historical documents do not record the devastation caused by any wars, until the ‘Thirty Years War’ and the ‘Seven Years War’ - when the villages of Siechnice and Święta Katarzyna were damaged. After a partial recovery from the devastation, Siechnice was haunted by misfortune in the form of fires (1675, 1792) and floods (1785).
Since the fourteenth century, there have been attempts to regulate the Oława river. Around 1785, professional work was carried out in this area. What is more, in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries the Oder river was regulated. In 1871, the construction of the waterworks for Wroclaw, which still exist at present, began in the area between Siechnice and the village of Mokry Dwór.

The turn of the century brought rapid industrial development of the northern part of the commune [construction in Siechnice: foundry (in 1916, but until 1932 the plant was only concerned with the production of calcium carbide, power plant (1909-1911) and the experimental institute (1923)]. The first railway line in the Polish territory run through the area of the Siechnice commune within its current boundaries. It was created in 1842 and it ran from Wrocław to Oława. In 1909 the Wrocław- Siechnice-Jelcz-Opole railway was built. At the end of World War II, the territory of the commune was taken over by the soldiers of the 1st Ukrainian Front. The 19 km long section of the battle-front, covering the areas of the commune, defended at the time by the German regiments of Reinkober and Schulz, surrendered on 17th February 1945.

 
Between 1945 and 1947, the territory of the commune was occupied by the resettlers from the Eastern Borderlands. From 1955 until 1972 Siechnice was the seat of the Communal National Council. In 1973 the seat of the commune office was moved to Święta Katarzyna. On 1st January 1997, the village of Siechnice was granted its civic rights.
One of the important companies, created from scratch in the commune in the second half of the twentieth century, is the Horticultural Manufacturing Company, opened in Siechnice in 1982. In the 80’s and 90’s Siechnice was slowly moving from employment in the agricultural sector to industry and services. The introduction of effective self-government in 1989 contributed to the dynamic development of the commune, thanks to the cooperation of all the residents.

The year 1997 was especially difficult for the commune, as a large part of its territory was significantly damaged by the Flood of the Millennium.
 


The new century means new companies, set up in the Communal Economic Activity Zone (Gminna Strefa Aktywności Gospodarczej - GSAG), established on the initiative of the commune authorities - Parker Hannifin sp. z o.o., Deceuninck Polska sp. z o.o., TIM SA.
 
As a result of the Cabinet’s decision, on 1 January 2010 the location of commune authorities’ seat changed. From the village of Święta Katarzyna, it was formally transferred to the town of Siechnice. At the same time, the Cabinet decided to change the name of the commune, from Święta Katarzyna to Siechnice.

Wyślij link mailem
Powrót
(wstecz)
Drukuj
stronę
Pdf
Wypowiedz
się
baner-czujnik-smogu-gmina-s.jpg
baner-targowisko-w-siechnicach.jpg
baner-rekrutacja.jpg